Monday, March 9, 2009
Good Weekend
Had another pretty good weekend for training. Saturday I rode an hour and a half on the road bike and Sunday I ran 19 miles, a little over three hours. The only time I had to run was right after church so the heat played a big factor- it was about 75-80 degrees. I filled up my water bottle twice during the run, had two gels, and five endurolytes. That seemed to keep me going and got me through it. The best part of the run was having no muscle cramping, even with the heat. I can definitely tell that I've gotten stronger since the marathon in January. Not necessarily faster, but my endurance has improved. This weekend is the River Run 15k, the largest road race in Jacksonville. Shelby and I will be doing it as well as her brother and a ton of our friends so it'll be a great time. The course has a montrous bridge at mile 8 that really kills you before the finish so maybe the treadmill and stairmaster work will pay off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment