Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back to normal

I'm starting to feel completely back to normal from the marathon and the cold I've been dealing with. This week I'm trying to get back into a good routine with training in the morning before work with a couple afternoon workouts as well. However, the weather is making this difficult. It's been it the 30's in the morning and it was 27 when I left for work today. Hard to get motivated to run or ride in that stuff. So.....I've been working out in the comfort of my living room. This morning I rode the trainer and got a pretty decent workout in 45 minutes. I'll be running tonight so today will be a solid day. I also have been using a new dvd workout for core strenth and felxibilty. From what I can tell, it should help with conditioning for paddling which is awesome because I just haven't had time to get on the water lately. This weekend I'm hoping to get out to Guana WMA to train with Dave and scout some of the area for the ACC. Have to check and see if hunting is open this weekend out there.

Next race will probably be the River Run 15k in March. Shelby and I are starting to more deliberatly train for that. I'm looking forward to running downtown on the bridges. Shelby and I used to go downtown to train every once in while before Audrey was born. I miss that. It's a nice change from neighborhood running.

There are two other great races in March that are on the same weekend this year...bummer. I'll be trying to figure out which one to do between the Guana 50k trail run (which I would probably do the relay, 25k ), and the Mandarin Biathlon (6 mile paddle, 4 mile run). I've done both races, both were really fun. I can't decide....

No comments: