This weekend I got an early birthday present, a new canoe. I've been wanting a faster canoe for a long time so I'm really pumped to finally find one. The canoe is a We-no-nah Sundowner 17' in Kevlar. The Sundowner is actually a retired model that you can only special order now. However, the shop I bought this from happened to still have two of them. This one is actually a '98! Pretty crazy that the shop had this in inventory for 11 years. The canoe is beautiful and in great shape. I bought it from Pier 17 Marina http://www.pier17jaxfl.com/index.htm. This place is really neat- the most canoes I have ever seen in one place. Tons of really high-end stuff and great people. Considering how long they had had this canoe- I got a really good deal on it. I can't wait to paddle this canoe- hopefully my brother and I will take it out this evening. I've never paddle a canoe this performance oriented so I'm really looking forward to it. I know a lot of AR people that have this model in Royalex and really like it. One of the niceest thing about this boat is that it's only about 50 lbs. That will make portaging a little more bearable.Apart from getting the canoe, this weekend was pretty productive. My brother Matt and I built some outdoor storage for my canoe and kayaks- Matt is much more adept at anything construction related than I am. It's really nice to have the boats out of the garage- we really needed the space. I'll I have left to do is put shingles on the roof. Shelby and I did 5 miles yesterday with Audrey in the jogging stroller- getting ready for the River Run. I went on when we were done and ended up running about 2 hours total, 11-12 miles. Felt pretty good.


No comments:
Post a Comment